An Epiphany

 
Source: Google Images

It has been a while since I sat back and stared hard at my life, looked at the thing that has kept me bound over the last few years. In my mind-this thing was the ultimate; it was liberation; boy!Was I wrong!And that is how the truth dawned on me...I had a moment of Epiphany!
Personally, I don't want to wash my dirty linen in public and diss "someone" in front of everyone, but heck,this is my blog and this is me getting things in perspective and sorting out my priorities.
"Love" as Sherlock Holmes puts it,is indeed a human flaw. I am forced to agree with him,given my melancholy, when he says-"All lives end,all hearts are broken,caring is not an advantage."
Well,this is pertaining to Mr.P,the same guy I have written about in my previous posts. I have loved him for a very long time now (four years almost) but recently something just snapped. I don't know what happened but I didn't want him to be my first love and as I looked deeper,I could now see those things that I had overlooked,brushed aside because I was looking at him through the rose-tinted glasses of Love,the things that were staring at me in the face before but the ones I didn't notice because I was too busy looking for the good stuff!
But now I realised that I couldn't actually be happy with this guy;there was no actual,solid connection. There is a saying that goes,"A woman can never be assured of a good friend in her husband;but she will always find a good husband in her best friend." He was the Exception because he proved this wrong.
He was too plain,ordinary...Sherlock would probably say "Boring"!! I want to say more and elucidate but like I said,I am not okay with washing my dirty linen in public view. I loved him and still care for him. But,he has lost me...for good!
Hence,I am seeking out my "Closure",I want my redemption! I am soooo over him!Hope "closure" hurries along because I have been trapped in this illusion for a very long time!
Like John Green said in The Fault in our Stars- "You don't get to choose if you will get hurt in this world,but you do have some say in who hurts you."
And I don't think I am entirely happy with my choice...my "first" choice...
No worries. I have one of the Best Hearts to help me out!

P.S: I love Bengaluru's weather!






Comments

Popular Posts