In the midst of winter

Source: Google Images

"Hours fly, stars sigh; new days and new ways pass by."

The days grow colder and longer carrying with it a pensive disposition. Change is the only constant and at odd times such as these,it provides a safe hearth. It rejuvenates the soul and rekindles the spirit.
Truth be told,there are a myriad of thoughts plaguing my mind and this is my way of giving them a voice and TIME.
As the previous month descended on me in all its chilling glory,one thought ricocheted in my head: WINTER IS COMING! (This is a Game of Thrones euphemism for "Shit is about to happen!")
As I drowned myself in the cold,enveloped by silence of a hundred-fold;the sky began to lighten and a silver lining appeared.Thus,this post is a dedication to three things that prevented my sanity from going berserk last December;no big deal-just three stories...

King-size at Smally's



Homecoming is a remarkable occasion and as accustomed,my brother's return was marked by a visit to a new quaint place. We decided to explore Church Street this time around,owing to the Yuletide spirit in the air.We were spoilt for choice as there were many themed restaurants,each one better than the previous. We zeroed in on three-Smally's,The Lost Caravan and Hoppipola. We opted for Smally's due to its credibility of being the "Smallest restaurant in India",as featured in the Limca Book of World Records. Apparently,they also made the best burgers in town. We hitched a not-so-dandy ride to the resto-cafe and well,it lived up to its reputation. From the pictures posted online,Smally's is known for its small proportions of food;thus,jumping on this bandwagon,we had decided a whole lot of stuff to dig into-Bucket of fries (Half a kilogram of fries,courtesy- my brother),two burgers,two steaks,soda and desserts (New York cheesecake,smoothies). It turned out that the name of the place is rather ironic because the food served was in no way "tiny-proportioned." And we were the morons to have ordered everything at once-so there we were,stuffing ourselves beyond constraint for a whooping 45 minutes. There is something you don't see everyday!The food servings were literally King-sized!Never judge a book by its cover and food proportions by pictures!
The food was just exquisite!The ambience,service,company...everything was blissful!A true gastronomic delight!
Moreover,we ushered in the new year with Red-velvet cakes.
Aah!Nothing like good food in this world!Divinity is that which leaves an impression while it lasts its course and long after its run;food is something that mirrors the same!

Dead Poets Society

Dead Poets Society awakened the poetess in me.The beauty of poetry is incomparable,inexpressible!It is a movie I was searching for with a great deal of curiosity and in the end,it was more than worth it.No wonder it has an IMDB rating of 8. The life of poet John Keating,brought to life perfectly by Robin Williams.His portrayal makes you wish you had a teacher like Keating or rather become a teacher like him. The power that a teacher wields over students is a dangerous one,for it can inspire or mutilate,make or mar a student's life and personality.The movie touched on a few points that were too close to home-the need to find one's own voice;to seize each day and make our lives extraordinary (CARPE DIEM),to hold your own.Poetry holds answers to ones deepest fears and hardest troubles-it can mend a broken heart and soothe a fevered brow.All it takes is solitude,to make poetry flow from the very essence of one's being.Now,I too would like to believe that "I got Ink where Blood ought to be."



Road-trip to Madikeri

"A true friend is one who understands what you convey and also what you don't. A true friend speaks to the deepest,darkest corners of your heart and yearns to make everything alright for thee."



If "Thank You" is the only prayer that leaves your lips throughout your life,that they say,would suffice.I know I fall short of words when I think back fondly about the ones who have had my back at all times (Which is unlike me,for I am gregarious).Anu!This one is for you!Thank you for making this happen;you gave me the break I so longed for.At a time when I feared for my sanity,you helped preserve it.Lots of Love and Gratitude!
The road-trip started out early on a lazy,hazy Sunday morning,right before dawn.As we approached Madikeri right on schedule,I lost myself in the moment. Mother Nature took her forlorn child and cradled her lovingly at her bosom. The purity,sanctity,scenic beauty took my breath away and in what seemed like ages,I was completely encompassed by the Present. Nothing much Mattered. Nothing Mattered much. My mind,body and soul danced with joy and felt at ease. My broken spirit rekindled itself. And once again,I was able to count my blessings.
We visited a few remarkable places-Abbey Falls,Mandalpatti (The first time that I climbed a hill),Raja Seat,Nisargadhama (The best part was having the deer eat right out of my hand!). 
We left Madikeri with home-made chocolates and wine;watched the famous movie 'Rangitaranga' on our way back home.A break well deserved and Happiness blissfully served!
But then, slowly, Reality cut through me like a dagger.Nothing thicker than a knife's blade separates happiness from melancholy.Indeed,reality continues to ruin life.I knew that I had to put on my battle armour and charge into war because things were about to get harder.But I know that I will indeed take what is mine,with Fire and Blood,I will take it!
UNBOWED.UNBENT.UNBROKEN.
These were the words echoing in my head.


Comments

Popular Posts