Ruminations on my beloved bearded man

Source: Google Images


Your heart is childlike and pristine,
Overflowing with enthusiasm and zest.
In an age when people die young but are buried old,
You are an absolute, beautiful rarity.

Discipline is when gratification reduces to a bare minimum,
With the prevailing awareness of reaping a bountiful harvest in comparison to the less fortunate.
You, indeed are an embodiment of satisfaction.

If trust is proof of love,
Then I trust you with the surety of Everything and Nothing,
With the seductive impermanent constancy of change.

I trust you because I see your soul so pure and heart overflowing with goodness.
I see a mind that admits its ugliest thoughts-
They become sacrificial offerings for intimacy,
Hoping that my acceptance, despite it all, can offer salvation.

I trust you because I want to trust love once more as promised,
For the first time in my life,
I have no other options or backup plans-
Just you. Only you.

I seek the surrender of the lovelorn cynic within,
A day when I am on my knees in gratitude,
Tasting the salty tears streaking down my cheek.
For if I had done anything right in my life,
It was giving my heart to you.

But I am human and am far from perfection,
I too have days when I mud-wrestle my demons into submission,
Days when the rope of Fear tightens the noose around my neck, choking me.
But the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself,
Thus, I don't believe everything that I think.

When you ask, you receive,
Thus, I ask you to respect and value my dainty trust,
Fragile as it is, with every fiber of your being.
I ask you to love me true and walk beside me-
Through hell if we can't find heaven.
To be my confidante, best-friend, lover and soulmate.

And what will you receive in return?
Through the beginning, middle and the end,
I solemnly promise all of the above to you. 


Comments

Popular Posts