To steal a wish

Source: Google Images

The world is not a wish-granting factory,they said;
 The onset of gloom startled my reverie,
 My heart fumbled,"I have my own musings,worthy of display on a masthead."
 This isn't the end,rather the beginning of a new story.

A dream is a wish your heart makes,
A wish - manifestation of all one hold's dear,
And not believing that a wish has what it takes,
To infiltrate your life with Magic-
Only 'cause you want to turn a deaf ear to your heart's deepest desire,
Is akin to losing a diamond amongst pebbles 'cause of your tunnelled vision of Logic.

If wishing on stars and wishing-wells were all for naught,
I would still hoard all the pennies I could find,
Before my heart,in this vicious trap,gets caught.

Then,as I hitch-hike in search of "The Fountain",
I look in my knapsack and am uncertain;
"What am I going to do with all these pennies?"
I have but ONE wish!
So,I give them away...making many-a-lives sunny!
"Abundance" is the word I'm looking for,
There is more than enough to go around for all!

As the sky turns gray,my heart is drenched,
With showers of authenticity,free from all vice;
Showers of sugar,spice and all things nice!
Petrichor wafts through the air;around my rugged knapsack,my fist clenched.

The rain soothes and cleanses me-my thoughts turn reflective;
I think of my "Wish" and wonder if the Universe will be supportive?!
My Wish is to be Loved Deeply,even if not Widely;
I Wish for only one true admirer over a million apple-polishers;
My Wish is for the brightest star in the constellation.
My true Wish is for PEACE and SERENDIPITY!
To fill all my days with a little fairy-dust?
With my share of Magic...

I finally reach "The Fountain",only to gaze speechlessly at the serene water;
And suddenly,Everything is crystal clear.
That I can have all that I want and more,
But only if I choose to "Believe",
From this cycle of "Seeking and Finding",my heart,I relieve.

"Inner Peace" takes over,bringing timeless wisdom from yore,
That all human wisdom can indeed be summed up in two words-"Wait and Hope."
Thus,grinning,I steal a Wish to elope.
The still water...Everything feels right.
Something that even words could not convey,
That:"NOTHING GOOD GETS AWAY!"





  

Comments

Popular Posts