Nostalgia

Source: Google Images

There are many Tam-brahm festivals that invoke that gut-wrenching nostalgia in me.It stirs up a concoction of emotions...of the good,sweet-bitter kind.
The trail in my recent posts has been quite obvious,with lots of mush hanging around in the air...Well,this post too is a dedication to that 'someone dear'...Lets call him "Mr.P"...
I have wondered on these lines several times-How is he actually around every single time when I need him the most?!?He amuses me to no end!
I have very fond memories of Krishna Jayanthi and Pongal,in which he has played a pivotal role!
This was the second consecutive year,that he has joined us in our Janmashtami celebrations and the reminiscences leave an indelible smile on my face!
Last year was cute and sweet...but this year,just threw me off balance!
My father was diagnosed with Bilateral Groin Hernia in the morning,and "Mr.P" visited us in the evening.He is a medico.He spent a considerable amount of time reassuring us about the whole situation and telling us that it would indeed be fine!At the time when I was most vulnerable,he shielded me with his reassurances!
And for my great misfortune,he made me fall in love with him even more...So much for moving on and letting go...Whew!Getting over him is going to be really hard but it is something that is necessary!
How can I forget the Pongal of 2011?!When he patiently waited for me at the bus-stand for an hour,after his classes,in spite of knowing extremely well that he wasn't going to accept the birthday present that I had packed for him;just because he did not want to disappoint me...not on that day!
All of these things may be very trivial to him,they maybe his second nature,because that is just the kind of person he is...But they have left an indent in the most vital part of my being,they are my priceless memories!"Mr.P",my Precious,Thank You for being a part of them!



Comments

Popular Posts