Simple pleasures

Source: Google Images

I can't withhold a smile as I savour my evening chai...the day has been quite remarkable!I started the day feeling blue and now I am ecstatic!Life granted my wish for a miracle that would leave my mouth in an upright stretch!
I had my first Jeep ride today...with my English teacher...an Amazing Woman!You should've seen the looks on peoples' faces when they saw a lady driving a gypsy Jeep skilfully,in heavy traffic and in broad daylight.
It was soo damn COOL!And by the time we (my friends,my teacher and me) alighted at Maiyas (This place undoubtedly sells the best filter-coffee in Bangalore;and being a Tam-brahm,I love my Filter-coffee!),I was in seventh-heaven!
Way to go Ma'am!Subvert the paradigm-that driving a Jeep is a man's affair!Seriously,what others think of you is not more important than what you think of yourself!Show them who's boss!

This weather reminds me of another priceless experience that occurred on an evening very similar to today's.
I never thought that I would ever go on a bike-ride in the stormy rain!I was very elated because I just Love the Rains,very very much!One of the reasons why I love Namma Bengaluru so much-The Mind-blowing weather!
On one gloomy weekend evening,my BFF and my bro (also my colleagues at ANT Academy of Education),decided that we shall wrap up our classes early and hitch a ride to the Food Street at V.V Purum. My bro's sibling was to join us on our little expedition as none of us had been to this famous hogging destination!
We started off early in the evening,on two bikes,and were barely ten minutes into the  journey when it started raining cats and dogs!We carried on in-spite of the rain and the experience was unbelievable!
And following along the lines of the stereotypic generalisation that guys don't like getting wet in the rain,we encountered quite a few accidents trying to keep the umbrellas from flying away,while riding on slippery crowded roads,on a rainy weekend evening,on two-wheelers!
But in the end,it all seemed worth it as we laughed our hearts out,had a whole lot of fun,hogged at 'Karnataka Bhel House' and managed to get away with the whole episode.
And like my bro said,"It is indeed all about the Company!" 



Comments

Popular Posts